Sunday, March 8, 2009

Schnitzel Weiner mit Pommes, bitte!

I guess you could classify this as my first, "Bamberg," experience...boy, this city is something out of a fairy tail, but very real and bustling as well. One moment I staring (because I can't read them) at adds for the Iphone in a T-mobile cell phone store window, and the next standing on the steps of a thousand year old church containing the body of the only Pope burried north of the Alps and a nail that pierce the body of Jesus Christ.
If I can survive my time here without getting run over by a person on a bicycle, or a smart car on a street/sidewalk (its hard to tell sometimes) I think I will claim myself victorious. I don't remember the name of the place I was taken to eat, but somehow my German skills, really lack of, got me some tender Wiener schnitzel and fries (pommes), as well as a pint of the famous Rauchbier I have been told about by many. It have to say the Rauchbier would be most offensive to most so called "beer-drinkers," but I found its smokey aromatic nature quite delicious, in a "I'd have one with a nice meal" kind of way. Definitely not a six pack type of beer. And, what was that on the drink menu....yes...an favorite of mine...Jacky Cock, gotta love it. I'm almost afraid that there's an extra ingredient over here.
Soon after placing the order...my wiener schnitzel, and my companion's Jaugerschnitzel, the walls in this tiny, but historic looking place are rattling to the beat of the chef pounding the everliving shit outta some pork. Hot and piping deliciousness arrive soon afterward and I almost licked my plate clean...so far that's two meals out of authentic German kitchens that have left my plate completely bare of any remnants... damn, its good food. Next time I'm trying the jaugerschnitzel, it looked and smelled great too!

oh...the px has massive bananas

No comments:

Post a Comment